One of the Windows errors you can expect is 0x800705b4. This error can be quite challenging to deal with, and it can stop you from upgrading the system.
In this article, you will learn some fixes that can help you eliminate the error code 0x800705b4.
Windows update troubleshooter
This inbuilt tool helps identify errors and fix them. If you face the Windows 10 update error, 0x800705b4, it is a useful tool to resolve this error. Here is how you can utilize this tool.
- In Cortana type in –control panel and press enter
- From the items listed in control panels, choose – Troubleshooting
- In the left panel click on – View all
- In all categories, access Windows Updateand then double click on it.
- You will see a pope window wherein you need to click on the button- Advanced
- Ensure that the option that says- Apply repairs is checked automatically and then click – Next
- The process might take several minutes, so you need to wait patiently. Once the process is over, check if the error 0x800705b4 error still exists in Windows Update.
Modify settings for Windows Update
- In Cortana type in – Windows Update and press the button – enter
- In next window click on – Advanced optionsfor moving ahead to the next step
- Next, in the window – Update options check the way updates being installed. Now, you need to turn OFF – “give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows.”
- Next, restart the machine
- Carry out the 1st step again to expand the window for – Windows update settings once again and then click on – Check for Update.
- Now, click on – Advanced options and select the option – “Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows” again.
- Click again on – Check for update
- Now, update for Windows 10 will download normally