If the applications fail to start and display the error code 0xc0000142, it can occur while you are trying to use the program or form. The error occurs when there are some missing files in your system directory. It certainly needs a quick fix, and only after resolving the data can help you access the program.
Here are some security solutions that can help you fix the error
Restart your machine
Sometimes even restarting the computer helps end the process in operation, and the system files present on your computer get shut down. Once you reset your PC, all the data will open again, and the error code 0xc0000142 may get fixed
Re-installing the application
- You can try to re-install the particular app giving error code 0xc0000142. This will help restore the files that the computer might have lost when you installed the app because of which this error might occur. So, check if re-installing can resolve this error
- Use the troubleshooter.
- Go to – Windows settings–update and security–troubleshoot
- Run the troubleshooter. Now, proceed to carry out the steps carefully. Keep a check on the details given and leave the rest for the troubleshooter to fix the issues automatically.
- This method can be utilized to resolve windows update problems. Now, restart your PC to let the changes come into effect.
- Verify the windows update and see if the error is resolved. In case it is still there go to the next solution
- Corrupted files can be repaired
- Open – Command Prompt
- Enter the following command in the prompt window
- This will let the system start the scanning process automatically. During the scanning, the system files will be scanned and checked for any corrupted file. If there is any corrupted file, it will be shown and repaired automatically and replaced by the particular file by another file utilizing cache memory.
You need to restart the computer to apply the changes and then check if the error has been resolved.